Welcome to the Without Losing Your Cool podcast, where we explore how to navigate the often tumultuous waters life can throw at us.
In this episode, I have the distinct pleasure of sitting down with my husband, Yannick Bisson, a Canadian actor, and producer who has been in the entertainment industry for over 30 years.
And while Yannick has been on the podcast before, this one is unlike any interview you’ve heard from him. We talk about the complexities of money and happiness and how he deals with his darkest fears around failure.
Does he tap into his emotions? How does he cope with the ups and downs of life and the showbiz industry? He gives us an honest and true look at the behind the scenes and tells us if he still finds joy in his job.
In this interview, Yannick reflects on his childhood and the positives or negatives of how he was raised. He shares what he would change about his childhood and gives an inside look at what auditions were like for him early on in his career.
How do we find happiness with more ease? Yannick shares his perspective on this, as well as the one misgiving he has with showbiz.
This is an episode filled with wisdom, insight, and advice from someone who has been in the entertainment industry for over three decades.
Learn more about Yannic here: https://www.instagram.com/yannick_bisson/
We talk about:
- [0:00] Intro
- [3:00] The complexities of 'money' and 'happiness'
- [4:25] The man behind the celebrity
- [7:30] Darkest fears around failure
- [12:00] Accessing emotion and healing
- [14:45] The truth behind showbiz
- [16:10] Does he still get joy out of his job?
- [19:00] How to pull yourself out of a headspace when life feels like groundhog day
- [23:25] The one misgiving he has with showbiz
- [29:00] The positives or negatives of how we were raised
- [32:10] One thing he would change from his childhood
- [37:30] What auditions looked like for Yannick early on
- [40:30] Coping with avoidance or detachment
- [45:25] How to find happiness with more ease
Loved this episode? I know, me too, friend! Me too! If this episode resonated with you, we'd love to hear from you, say hi on Instagram @shantellebisson, @withoutlosingyourcool, and for the love of all things cool, if you have a burning question you'd like answered, go to shantellebisson.com/podcast and leave us a message for your question to be featured on our upcoming episodes!
Share your takeaways on social media and tag us & subscribe+rate+leave us a review on Apple Podcasts and send us a screenshot of your review to be entered to win some cool prizes!
Shop my Bundles here: https://shantellebisson.com/collections
Join my newsletter here: https://shantellebisson.com/pages/book-shantelle
Until next time remember to keep doing the hard things, and show up like you mean it! Without Losing Your Cool!