What is life really like post olympics?
After years of training, being in the spotlight, and working hard to represent Canada at the Olympics in skating, how does life evolve once your career is complete?
Tessa Virtue joins me on the Without Losing Your Cool podcast, and she gets candid and honest about where she is today.
Tessa (https://www.instagram.com/tessavirtue17) is a former Canadian ice dancer who has won two Olympic championships (2010 and 2018), three ‘World Championship’ titles (2010, 2012, and 2017), eight ‘National Championship’ titles (2008–2010, 2012–2014, and 2017–2018), and three 'Four Continents' championships (2008, 2012, and 2017) along with her dancing partner, Scott Moir.
Apart from ice skating, Tessa is associated with two collaborative entrepreneurial ventures. She has also released a book with Scott, chronicling their journey so far. She has co-produced many skating events since the duo’s retirement in 2019.
We talk about:
- [0:00] Intro
- [3:50] Following a regimented diet as an athlete
- [5:20] Being intentional with her relationship to food
- [10:55] Forging a new path after her skating career ended
- [22:40] The secret to making relationships work
- [29:20] How Tessa's core values drive her success
- [32:05] A behind the scenes look at her relationship and recent engagement
- [39:10] Tessa's favourite memories of her Olympic skating career
- [44:10] Navigating relationships and being guarded
- [45:25] Tessa's relationship with social media
- [53:00] Reflecting on her skating career and why it ended
Loved this episode? I know, me too, friend! Me too! If this episode resonated with you, we'd love to hear from you, say hi on Instagram @shantellebisson, @withoutlosingyourcool, and for the love of all things cool, if you have a burning question you'd like answered, go to shantellebisson.com/podcast and leave us a message for your question to be featured on our upcoming episodes!
Share your takeaways on social media and tag us & subscribe+rate+leave us a review on Apple Podcasts and send us a screenshot of your review to be entered to win some cool prizes!
Shop my Bundles here: https://shantellebisson.com/collections
Join my newsletter here: https://shantellebisson.com/pages/book-shantelle
Until next time remember to keep doing the hard things, and show up like you mean it! Without Losing Your Cool!