What is with people running off at the mouth making promises they clearly have no plans on keeping???
Seems like I was fighting a little bit of a bug yesterday. I’m back “up and at em” full swing today. Got all my paperwork handled, my emails are all answered, bills have been paid, and my sore throat/swollen glands combo with the brain fog are completely gone. Which I’m surprised by since I had a short and not great night sleep last night. So why do I feel so much better?? Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm.
But friends this isn’t the point of today’s rant, and yes it is a rant. It will be short and sweet because I’ve blogged about it before, and can’t believe that I have to blog about it again, and so soon.
PEOPLE WHO RUN THEIR MOUTHS AND SAY THEY’RE GOING TO DO SOMETHING AND THEN THEY DON’T DO WHAT THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO DO.
What is with these people??? Why? Why? Why are you the way you are?
I ask this about you along with other pressing questions for you.
- who the hell raised you? Why are you so completely and utterly disrespectful of other people that you would flat out lie to them? I don’t get it. It so falls under the “why bother” category for me that I can’t even.
- do you think the people you’re making these false promises to will forget that you were going to, oh I don’t know HIRE THEM? I have news for you. They won’t forget that because it is a big deal for anybody on the entire planet to think they’re getting a job.
- have you never walked a mile in anybody else’s shoes? Meaning have you never been given somebody’s word and then have them not only revoke it, but flat out carry on in life as if it had never been offered up in the first place? If you haven’t then you must be one of the only people on the planet that has never been promised something they were not given, which makes sense as to why you have no empathy. Which leads me perfectly to this next question.
- what is the point of opening you mouth in the first place if you have zero intention of doing what you say you’re going to do?
- no really? What is the point? Why are you talking? I need you to stop talking.
I’m guilty of a great many “sins” in this life. There is a ton of shit about myself that I need to get a handle on. My short fuse. My tendency to not fight fair, at first blow. And my obsession with always having to have the last word. But, this running my mouth promising people something I fully know I can give/do for them, but then not coming through on my word. Nah. That’s not me. I would never, ever, in a million years under any circumstance make a promise to somebody and not keep it.
You know why not? Because then that’s not a promise, that is a suggestion, an offer. A promise means you do what you say you’re going to do. Or, hey, here’s a thought. Just don’t say it all.